While many food items come in and often go out of the trend quickly, oatmeal has stood the test of times and enjoyed sustained reputation as a wonderfood of sorts. Oatmeal has proven to be beneficial for health while being delicious at the same time. Read on to find out some benefits of eating oatmeal and the various ways in which you can consume it:
The Insurmountable Health Benefits of Oatmeal
From weight loss to blood pressure control, and from controlling blood cholesterol to helping the human body fight growth of cancerous cells, oatmeal does several wonders. Given below are a few health benefits of eating oatmeal –
• Weight Loss – Are you thinking about going on a diet to reduce weight? Take a look at all the weight loss benefits of eating Oatmeal first! Barely is low in calories and is filling. Besides this, barely also contains essential amino acids and can modulate your blood sugar levels.
• Stable Blood Pressure – Oatmeal can help you reduce the blood pressure levels in your body. It has been considered the best homemade recipe for getting rid of high cholesterol levels as well.
In one study, around 88 people were segregated into 2 groups. One of these groups comprised of people who ate oatmeal while the other group consisted mainly of people who consumed refined wheat-based cereal in their diet. The study conducted found that people who ate an oatmeal based diet were twice as likely to be able to either eliminate their blood pressure control medication entirely, or at least cut it in half. The best benefits of eating oatmeal or following an oatmeal diet are received by preparing cooked, organic and non-instant oatmeal.
• Reduces The Chances for Heart Diseases – Since one of the benefits of eating oatmeal is having stable blood pressure levels in your body, it is a given that consuming oatmeal in your diet on a regular basis will easily help reduce the chances for heart diseases. Oatmeal contains a particular type of fiber named as beta-glucan, which is a potent and soluble fiber containing benefits that are related to regulating the blood sugar levels in your body and also boosts up your immunity system.
• Helps Reduce High Cholesterol Levels In The Body – When the blood circulation in your body happens at an optimum level, cholesterol levels automatically get reduced. Oatmeal has soluble fiber within it, which can help reduce your LDL (low-density lipoprotein), more commonly known as bad cholesterol.
Other food items that are known to contain soluble fiber are apples, kidney beans, barely, prunes as well as pears. If your bloodstream absorbs or has been lately absorbing large amounts of cholesterol, consuming these food items containing soluble fiber can help reduce the process of absorption of cholesterol.
• Reduces The Risk For Cancer (Colon Cancer) – Oatmeal is one of the best homemade recipes for cancer patients. Following are the benefits of oatmeal that work wonderfully and especially well for cancer patients –
• Oatmeal helps boost immunity levels of your body.
• Oatmeal promotes appetite suppression.
• Oatmeal promotes satiety.
• Oatmeal can reduce the tendency of your body to resist
• Oatmeal can lessen insulin production in your body.
• Oatmeal helps and promotes regularity in your body health.
• Helps Make Blood Sugar Levels Stable – The high fiber present along with the low glycemin index in oatmeal can help regulate the blood sugar levels in your body. Consuming oatmeal on a regular basis may eventually lead to a reduction in the amount of insulin injections needed.
• Helps In Sleeping – The grains present in oatmeal raise your blood sugar levels and automatically make you sleepy. Eating protein helps prevent tryptophan from getting to the human brain. Mix a small bowl full of oatmeal with strawberry jam to get a good night’s sleep.
• Helps Shield Your Skin and Repair Body Tissue – Oatmeal is good for all skin types due to its anti-inflammation properties. It can also help improve your skin tone and relieve irritation in skin.
• Oatmeal helps boost immunity levels.
• Eating oatmeal has been proved to be a good cure for anemia.
• The fibers present in oatmeal provide you healthy teeth.
• Oatmeal provides healthy hair and good hair color.
• Oatmeal can also support the health of your kidney.
• Eating Oatmeal on a regular basis helps reduce arthritis and bone pain.
• Cardiovascular Benefits for Premenstrual Women
Symptoms – When Should You Start To Monitor Your Diet?
• Pain in bones – Can be a symptom of arthritis. Consuming a healthy diet with oatmeal for breakfast can help your bones grow stronger.
• Fatigue – Feeling tired often can be a sign of fatigue. Eating oatmeal on regular basis can help prevent the problem of fatigue.
• Anemia – Most people in the world are anemic without even realizing it. Check your symptoms and consume oatmeal for proper circulation of blood in your body.
• Acne – If you often face the problem of acne, consuming oatmeal can be a solution for you. Oatmeal strengthens your hair and can help prevent acne.
• Chest pains – Can be a symptom for heart diseases. Start taking a healthy diet immediately for smooth functioning of the body.
• Celiac disorder – Consuming oats has been proven to be very helpful for people suffering from celiac disorder. Monitor your diet closely if you are experiencing pain in joints or in the abdomen region.
• Crohn’s disease – Oatmeal and dietary fiber can help people manage the symptoms of Crohn’s disease.
• Eczema – If you have dry, irritated skin, an oatmeal bath can come to your rescue. Read on to find out more!
Oatmeal Bath – Eczema can be cured through oatmeal. Soaking in water mixed in oatmeal can help reduce inflammation and soothe dry and irritated skin. Follow the following steps for maximum effects –
• Add 2-3 cups of finely ground oatmeal to warm water.
• Let it soak for 15 minutes.
• Antihistamine effect of oatmeal will help soothe your dry skin.
Dog Allergy Treatments – If you have an itchy dog, you should consult a vet immediately for remedies and treatments. Oatmeal baths have been considered to be one of the best home remedies for getting rid of dog allergies. Follow the given steps for maximum and fast effects –
• Combine ½ of plain and uncooked oatmeal with ½ cup of water.
• Use cheesecloth and put the mixture of the oatmeal into this particular cloth.
• Place your dog in a bathtub with warm water.
• Rinse the skin and fur of your dog.
For Acne – Mix Oatmeal with Lemon and follow the given steps to use oatmeal as a home remedy for getting rid of acne –
• Mix 2 spoons of oatmeal with 1 teaspoon of honey.
• Add 1 spoon of lemon juice.
• Apply gently on the scalp and massage in circular motion for 15 minutes.
• Rinse with warm water and pat your scalp dry.
• Repeat regularly.